Wednesday, January 5, 2011

howl interiors.

Friends - I am a native Austinite. And I'm here to tell you, I've seen this fair city go through its ups and downs. Right now, we are going through some fabulous creative "ups".  Case in point ~ I first noticed HOWL behind Waterloo Records some time ago. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I could smell some magic brewin'.

Then, low and behold, I saw the writing on the wall when I read HOWL proudly displayed on South Lamar. My car turned in the parking lot before I could say, "Hello. Who and what, are you?"

Sure enough - when I walked in, I felt like I was transported to another time and maybe even another city. HOWL reminds me of something you would find the French Quarter in New Orleans, 100 years ago. It's filled with well-priced oddities, curiosities and enough fine-taste furnishings to make even the snobbiest interior designer perk up their eyebrows.

Stop in, and pick yourself up that mid-century-esque blue velvety chaise you've been looking for, or maybe even that long lost 25 foot tall triptych from the err...Renaissance. Why not? Its a total steal at $1800.

Trust me, when you leave, you'll feel like you've reclaimed your inner-design spirit animal. And, this time its a wolf, with HOWL.  Well done, Barry Jelinski. You've made this gal swoon.





PS: The fashionista owners of Feathers have killed it (and in a good way) with MOSS, right next store. But we'll save that scoop for another day.

1 comment:

  1. i've been wondering what the deal was with that place! looks neato.

    ReplyDelete