Tuesday, January 11, 2011

OUT LOUD.

I wish I had a Master's Degree.

I remember graduating with my BFA in Studio Art and thinking, "When I leave this playground of intellectual self-absorption, I must return someday." But alas, life has taken its twists and turns, and I haven't found my way back to the glorious land of Academia.

Well, thank sweet baby Jesus for podcasts. Now I can walk around my neighborhood and tune out South Austin suburbia, and plug in to endless conversations, dialogues and interviews that cover every subject under the sun. (That's what I enjoyed most about school anyway.)

However, all podcasts are not created equally. And it's easy to become totally overwhelmed if you take a gander on Itunes. Well, no worries, my friends. I have done some of the legwork for you.


Allow me to introduce you to the New Yorker's OUT LOUD. It's a weekly conversation about what’s new in The New Yorker, hosted by Blake Eskin. For roughly 14 minutes per podcast, you can enjoy some of the most fascinating little chats ranging from the rise of extreme beer... to African merchants in China... to the enduring appeal of vampires, or even the investigation of a gang of Balkan jewel thieves. It's awesome.

Find 14 minutes of intellectual heaven here.

Feel free to thank me after you've listened to a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment